The Online Resources Pack was given an overhaul last week and the latest update is now available on the Information Resources page of the Engage Aotearoa website.
What is the Online Resources Pack?
The Online Resources Pack is an information pack, full of links to web-based resources for mental-health recovery. This includes resources for distraction and entertainment as well as mental-health resources. Roughly 50% of websites sharing information about mental health are funded by pharmaceutical companies and present a bio-medical view of mental health. The Online Resources Pack brings together independent forms of web-based information that share psycho-social and/or lived experience perspectives and tools. The Online Resources Pack is updated on a regular basis. The team tries to check content prior to inclusion, but it is impossible to check every part of every website. If you find something stigmatising in one of the links included in the Online Resources Pack, please get in touch. To contribute content or suggest an edit to the Online Resources Pack, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s New in the 29 November ’13 Update?
- Content is now divided into sub-sections so it is easier to find what you are looking for.
- Information and Reading
- Online Self-Help
- Online Support Groups and Networks
- Recovery Stories
- Two new pages of links to explore, including new…
- CBT resources
- DBT resources
- ACT resources
- Recovery blogs by people with Bipolar Disorder
- Recovery blogs by people with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Suicide prevention information
- International service-user initiatives
- and more…
The Online Resources Pack is designed to be shared
- Print a copy and leave it in a public place or give it to someone you know
- Email the link to your networks
- Share it on Facebook
- Share it on your website
How to Share the Online Resources Pack on your Website
Use the URL below to link to the Online Resources Pack from your own website. http://www.engagenz.co.nz/downloads/OnlineResourcesPackEngageAotearoa.pdf
Using this URL ensures your link will never go out of date. It also allows Engage Aotearoa to track wider community use of the resource and ensures appropriate acknowledgements for the resource.